Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Message From Senator Sam

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by this response but alas, I expect nothing less from the man. I received the letter via e-mail on September 20, 2010.

Dear XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about federally funded abortions in the military. I always appreciate hearing from the Kansans whom I serve.

Truly, no gift is more precious than life. I believe that life should be cherished by everyone and that all life is precious and should be protected. This should be a central tenet of any civilization(it is the hallmark of a truly life-affirming culture.

During my time in Congress, I have always defended the sanctity and dignity of every human life from the moment of conception. I will continue to be a strong advocate for legislation that ensures all individuals are afforded their inalienable right to life.

I do not support proposals to amend the National Defense Authorization Bill to allow for the funding of abortions in military hospitals overseas. Such amendments would have the effect of turning our military facilities into abortion clinics. Hardworking taxpayers should not have to be forced to pay for abortions.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important issue. I appreciate your concerns, and I encourage you to visit my website at brownback.senate.gov for more information on the issues on which I am working.


Sincerely,

Sam Brownback
United States Senator

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment